join the bizquip team
We are always looking for bright, energetic, enthusiastic professionals who share a passion for delivering excellence and seek a career in a busy, vibrant atmosphere. If you would like more information on careers at Bizquip please get in touch on 01 217 8000 or email@example.com
Office Furniture Fitter
Our Furniture Interiors team is seeking to recruit a Fitter to our team. Joining a team of very experienced fitters, this is a permanent, full-time position and will require a full, clean driver’s licence along with an ability to work in a labour-intensive environment.
We will offer in-depth training including completion of courses to obtain manual handling and Safe Pass certifications if not already held. Reporting to our Installation + Logistics Manager, key areas of responsibility will include:
- Loading of client orders into Bizquip van / truck for safe and timely delivery to clients’ premises
- Interpreting and reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are completed and the customer is satisfied
- Off-loading of furniture at client premises in a safe manner in line with manual handling techniques
- Assembly of all furniture in line with manufacturer installation guidelines and best practice
- Use of assembly kits in a practical and safe manner
- Review of furniture layouts when provided, ensure the layout is clear
- Ensure all documentation shared with client for confirmation of deliveries and returned to Processing team
- Removal of waste from client premises to be brought back to Bizquip warehouse in line with Bizquip’s waste management policy where it will be stripped and sorted into components for recycling
- Adherence to all health & safety documentation across risk assessments and method statements, manual handling, safe passes, PPI etc
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions and handling queries from clients as they arise
- Abiding by all transportation laws and road rules and maintaining a safe driving record
- Reporting of any delivery issues to management and customer services team in a timely manner
- Maintaining the delivery vehicle to a very high standard and reporting any issues in a timely manner
- Ad-hoc general duties as required
- Valid clean driver’s licence
- Strong time management and customer service skills critical
- Team player with positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Flexibility to work out of normal hours in evenings and Saturdays if needed. Paid over-time
- Previous experience in furniture assembly preferred
- Forklift licence, Safe Pass accreditation and completion of manual handling training advantageous but not pre-requisite
- Ability to walk, drive, lift and carry items for extended periods
- Good attention to detail and good knowledge of greater Dublin area
Interested applicants please send a CV to John Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org
Field Service Engineer
As Ireland’s largest Ricoh dealer, and Premier Partner with HP and Brother, we are seeking to hire a Field Service Engineer to join our Service team.
Our Technology Service team proactively support our large customer base of Government, Corporate and Commercial Customers. The successful candidate should have a good knowledge of printer technology, great analytical thinking abilities, reasonable IT knowledge and excellent interpersonal skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Service Engineer should demonstrate exceptional problem-solving abilities, and be able to provide customers with in-depth training and support.
We are fully committed to the ongoing training and development of our team and offer a wide variety of personal development & training programmes not just limited to technical modules but also including areas such as Accounting, IT – CompTIA, Finance and Communications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up and installing and networking new printers, services, scanners, and Service management software.
- Providing routine service and maintenance to scanners and printers.
- Providing demonstrations and customer training.
- Managing orders and stock of new equipment, parts, and materials.
- Providing excellent customer support and Service.
- Managing schedules and customer emergencies.
- Keeping abreast of the latest technologies and practices in the industry.
Service Engineer Requirements:
- Technical qualification eg Solas, City and Guilds etc. an advantage.
- CompTIAA+ or Network+ certification preferred – (full training available).
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Service Engineer.
- Good knowledge of Service and printer technology.
- Valid Irish or equivalent driver’s license.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic level IT knowledge – CompTIA or similar preferred (training will be provided).
- Strong customer communication – (training will be provided).
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Interested applicants please send a CV to Derek Judge at email@example.com